We have been a sick house for the past week and a half. As you know Ian was sick at the beginning of last week. He is feeling a lot better but still has a runny nose. I got sick last Thursday and was feeling crummy until I started back uphill feeling better today. Mason was even under the weather yesterday (but more on him later.) The only healthy one is Chris...that lucky so-n-so.
Even though we were all feeling crummy we took Mason to a pug play group on Sunday afternoon. We only stayed for about 20 minutes so Mason could have some fun running with his kind. There were a total of 15 dogs there (13 of which were pugs). It was quite a site. At first Mason wasn't interested in the other dogs and just wanted to sniff the yard, but he soon warmed up and starting running around with the others. Here is a link to the Mid Michigan Pug Play Group's website where there are some pictures. I, of course, forgot to take my camera. If you check out the pictures Mason is in the pictures in the second row middle and right pictures with the lady sitting on the ground. He couldn't pass up the chance to give someone a kiss. Mason, Ian and I are in the third row down middle picture. Chris, Mason, Ian and myself are in the third row down right picture which was taken just as we were arriving. Mason is in a camo harness and a collar. There is one one other pug in a camo harness but he isn't wearing a collar too.
On Sunday night Mason started acting funny. He wouldn't take a couple of treats I offered to him and he wouldn't jump on the bed as usual. We thougth that he was tired from his run with the pugs, but I was a little worried that being with the other dogs somehow got him sick. Then Monday morning he wouldn't eat breakfast. I went home sick Monday around 11am and Mason came to bed with me but again wouldn't jump. He started trembling like he was scared...so I called Chris. Chris got him into the vet and we were all fearing the worst. It turned out that it was just his anal gland...it was full and uncomfortable. Once the veterinarian expressed the gland Mason was back to his usual self. Chris said the vet explained that often little dogs will act very sick when the anal gland is full and many people see the behavior and fear their dog is at death's door. Good thing it was an easy fix.
Sorry about the lack of pictures. I just haven't been in the picture taking mood since I have been sick. I will get some posted soon, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment