Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy First Birthday Ian!

Dear Ian,

Today is your first birthday! I can't believe that my little man is already a whole year old. It seems like just yesterday that you were born. I can remember it all so vividly. That first moment I saw your tiny little body as it emerged from mine and my heart swelled with a love that I can't even put into words. The first moment you looked into my eyes, your first smile, your first laugh, and the first time you gave me a sloppy, drooly kiss all are burned into my memory like the most precious of treasures.

While this past year has gone by so fast, as if in the blink of an eye, I still find it hard to remember my life without you in it. It is as if you had been with me all the while, deep in my heart.

I am so excited to give you your very first birthday party with cake and ice cream. I promise you that I will make your birthday memorable every year. When you get to the age where birthday parties and hanging out with your old mom become uncool I hope you will still feel the love we have for you and know that you are the most important thing in the world to your mom and dad.

Happy Birthday my little monkey!

Love Always,
Mama

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Ian!
Love,
Aunt Melissa and Uncle David

fanfaun said...

Happy 1St Birthday Ian!


Love,
Story Family