Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

What a weekend. We had a great trip to Chris' parents place. It was nice and relaxing...just what the doctor ordered after the back to school rush at work.

Ian has been eating at the table with us more and more lately. Here is a picture of him enjoying a little before dinner snack of cereal.I let Ian have a little half nakey name last week. He feels so free that he moves double as fast when he is not confined to those darn clothes.
In the fort. Ian loves to play under the table lately. So far he is still short enough to stand up under there without bonking his head.
Of course Mason joins him often.
At Grandma Jo Ann and Grandpa Don's house playing with toys they keep at their house for Ian. He enjoys having something that is fresh and new to him. Ian pushed this little car all around the house.
My parents came to hang out with us at Chris' parents on Saturday. I took my mom for a ride on the trail wagon and Chris, Don and my dad when and shot clays over the field. It was a good day. In the evening, after my parents headed off to a wedding, we had a little fire in the back yard.
Aunt Melissa making up smores for everyone.
Chris of course was enjoying picking on Melissa's smore making skills. He had nothing to pick on because Melissa makes some tasty smores. Her not-so-secret ingredient is using a whole half a chocolate bar and two marshmallows.
Ian had a great time in the yard. He wanted to run around so bad. I let him take bites of my smore and he LOVED the marshmallow. He was sticky everywhere.
Sunday morning playing. I thought this picture was cool because I caught the block mid-air.
Grandpa Don in his chair overseeing the chaos of toys spread as far as the eye could see.
Mason made himself at home on Melissa's lap. He just loves his Aunt Melissa so much. Every time Mason gets to see her all he wants is to be on her lap.
Mr. Busy Body practicing his walking.
A cute head tilt from Mason. He had a good weekend too because there were so many people to make friends with. We got a visit from Great-Grandma Stacer, and Grandma Karen. Mason loved getting loved on by everyone.
The trail wagon. Chris strapped in Ian's car seat and we took turns taking Ian for rides around the yard. His hair was blowing in the wind and he squealed with glee whenever the wagon went a little faster than a crawl.
We even took Mason for a ride. He sat so good in between Ian and I, and Ian kept putting him hand over to touch Mason. It was so cute.
Mason taking a little break with Grandma Jo Ann. Jo Ann and Melissa were hard at work making up a big batch of salsa with goodies that Melissa grew in her garden. Mason was right behind them making sure that if anything were to drop he was on duty to clean it up.
Daddy's turn taking Ian for a ride. My little Mr. Serious wouldn't smile for a picture with Daddy. They look so alike with their serious faces in this picture.
I didn't get any pictures of the guys shooting. Chris did great, he has quite a shot. All I have is this one picture of Chris with his gun. I also am sad that I didn't take pictures of when my parents were riding the trail wagon and of them all dressed up before heading to the wedding. Boo. Oh well, what can you do.
Mason trying on Ian's hat for us. I think the only reason that he submitted to this torture was that it was attention.
Ian loves his doggie. It looks like he was attacking Mason is this picture, but he was really going in for a big hug.
This is my doggie.
Handsome Mason
Back at home on Monday Ian was playing with his ball. He will play catch with Chris, as they roll the ball back and forth to each other. In this picture, however, he was diving onto the ball. He loves to roll off it onto the floor.
Mid-roll
Amid the chaos that is Ian getting a hold of one of the ad papers that came Sunday.
Peak-a-boo around the side of the chair. Ian had a fun weekend but it wasn't without troubles for the little boy. He popped three, yeah I typed THREE, molars though his gums this weekend!!! For as much pain as that caused him Ian still had a fun weekend. We just kept the Tylenol available, and the hugs aplenty.

VIDEO TIME!!!

I have three videos for you to enjoy. The first is of Ian on the trail wagon, look for the big smile on his face as they get closer. The second is Ian pushing around the car. Finally, the third video is of Ian playing with the ball. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially loved watching Ian chase his ball around! I'm glad we got to visit up there in Deckerville since it was in the same general direction as the wedding we had to go to. Enjoyed the whole day!! I feel very comfortable at the Stacers' home. Hope I didn't get too many sparkles on Don's chair!!! love, Grandma Shirley