Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Few Things Fall Through

Sorry about the lack of a post last week.  I was feeling blah so I just uploaded pictures to Flickr, which you can find here, and I let everything else fall through the cracks.

101710 049

Last weekend we took a trip to Chris' parents place for one last hurrah on the trail wagon for the season.  Ian had a great time visiting and he even got to bundle up and take a little ride on the trail wagon.  We road over to the neighbors and they let Ian pick out a pumpkin from what they grew in their garden this year.  Ian enjoyed checking out the pumpkins but he loved exploring the yard more.  We also took a little walk over to another neighbors to see their chickens.  I was sure Ian would enjoy seeing them, but he could have cared less.

101710 043

As usual the week flew by in a blur of get up get ready for work, work and get ready for work again.  I can't even remember any funny moments from the week.

So far this weekend we have been busy.  This morning I took my van in to get a brake inspection while Chris and Ian had a Daddy and Son breakfast.  After breakfast they took a drive around town and sang along to the radio.  Chris would make guitar sounds along with the music and Ian would mock him...I imagine that was very cute.  Meanwhile, I got a quote on the pads and rotors I will be needing withing the next few months, and took myself to breakfast at Tim Hortons.  I enjoyed a muffin, hot chocolate and a few pages of my book.

This evening Chris went to a Saginaw Spirit hockey game with friends so Ian and I have the evening to ourselves.  We went to Sam's Club and got candy for the trick or treaters next week.  Then we went to TJ Maxx and I let Ian pick out a toy and I got a wallet to replace the mess I have been calling a wallet lately.  After that I realized that it was time for the Haunted Yard to open for their "timid" hour for younger kids where they don't scare people.  So we went to check that out.  Ian was pretty nervous so I carried him around the  yard, but he did warm up to it after a bit and walked on his own.  There were many things he wouldn't go anywhere near, so I didn't push and just kept saying it was so cool and that everything was fake.  I thought the creepiest thing they had was a werewolf baby that looked like it was actually breathing in its incubator.  They had a pirate ship Ian got to climb up on and I think for him that was the highlight.

2010-10-23 18

IMAG0117

No comments: