
On Friday we took Ian downtown to the annual Mardi Gras Parade and we met up with our friends Dan, Chantel and their daughter Isabelle. It was the kids very first parade, and they seemed to have a great time. Ian was excited to see the bands and all the dogs that were walking around. Isabelle spent a good long while dancing to the music.



Saturday we went to check out the Zonta AppleFest at Papa's Pumpkin Patch. It was so cold out that it really wasn't much fun but we made a quick lap around the tents and checked out what there was too see before heading home.

Ian went into the pumpkin thief jail willingly and seemed to have fun being a convict for a while. It is really too bad it was so cold because there was a pumpkin maze for the kids that I think he would have loved to walk around in.

We bought Ian his costume this weekend. He is going to be a bee much to his dismay.
Ianese: (the language of Ian)
Cookie = Okie (Oh-Key) Ian's favorite treat are the Oreo Fudge okies that Grandma Stacer gave him a couple weeks ago. He will go up to the cabinet and demand "okie!" Sometimes it too just too cute to say no. Other times I have to say no that it ends with him in a puddle on the floor crying "okie" over and over.
Every time Ian can manage to get into the bathroom, which is often now that he can open the door himself, he asked to "fwush" the toilet. After his "fwushes" the toilet he closes the lid (good boy, have to train them early) and climbs on the toilet seat lid to play with the light and fan switches. Last night I was in the kitchen and heard the bathroom fan come on. I ran down the hall to find Ian had opened the bathroom door on his own for the first time and was standing on the toilet seat meddling. All during my shower I could hear him trying to turn the door knob. Chris said he came to find him with both hands on the door knob, tongue sticking out, working hard to get it open. I guess it is a good thing that door knob is old and sticks. Time to buy another hook to install on that door I guess.
More photos and a video, here.
No comments:
Post a Comment